Updated: 03 August, 2019Hi there. Welcome, my name is Samuel from Vital Health Recipes. Please continue reading to learn more about L-arginine for erectile dysfunction treatment.
What is L-arginine?L-arginine is an amino acid that helps in the building up of protein in the body. When converted in the body, it turns into gas nitric oxide(NO) which helps to boost erectile function because it promotes healthy blood flow to every organ in the body as well as relaxing the blood vessels. Your body naturally produces L-arginine and it is commonly found in most foods rich in protein such as poultry, beans, fish, soy, red meat, and dairy products. L-arginine supplement can be taken either orally or topically. It is important to note that due to the fact that L-arginine serves as a vasodilator, dilating the blood vessels, a lot of people use L-arginine orally in a bid to treat cardiovascular health conditions and erectile dysfunction.
L-arginine for Erectile Dysfunction and Male EnhancementIt is important to note that one of the most popular functions of L-arginine is the treatment of ED. A lot of natural male enhancement supplements make use of L-arginine as one of their main ingredients. It has helped many men to enjoy bigger, harder and long lasting erections.
How Effective is L-arginine?L-arginine has undergone several extensive researches as a possible treatment for ED and it has been found to be more effective when combined with other related supplements. Mayo Clinic gives L-arginine a grade C based on scientific evidence available on its sole supplement for ED treatment. And it can also help you last longer in bed.
Other Health Benefits of L-arginine:Based on available research, it has been found that this ingredient has other important health benefits such as:
- Research shows that L-arginine has the capability to reduce the symptoms and enhance the quality of life in people dealing with a modest to severe type of this chest pain.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).Some studies have shown that oral L-arginine can be effective in lowering in people suffering from high blood pressure. L-arginine has also been said to regulate blood pressure in people with hypertension.
Side Effects of L-arginineIn cases where someone uses excess doses of L-arginine, these are some of the possible side effects such an individual may experience:
- unhealthy imbalance of potassium in the body
- change in blood sugar levels
- increased risk of bleeding
- decreased blood pressure